Great trip to Beaver, Hawg Trough and Leaky Lake

Oct 07 2013

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Member Nick Fowlkes and I invited some guests to fish Marshall this past weekend for our own little private tournament.  We have been planning this trip for some time and it didn’t disappoint.  We fished Hawg Trough on Friday afternoon and my second cast was a 5.5 pound beauty.  The fishing was great in the middle of the day and then slowed in the evening, exactly opposite of what I would have expected.  We had Leaky Lake scheduled for all day Saturday and then we spent Sunday on Beaver Pond.  My high school buddy Mark had the fish of the trip with this 6.1 pounder.  Mark is 6 foot 7 inches tall if that gives you a little perspective. 

When the fish blasted his top water bait, I swore it was over seven pounds judging by the size of the head that came dancing across the water.  Chug Bug off of the Leaky Lake dam near the overflow pipe was the magic location that day.  At the end of the trip, the four of us had combined for over 120 fish and I had a five best fish sack of 27 lbs.  Between the four of us, we threw everything at them.  Senkos caught the most fish but shallow running cranks, top water baits, and TX rigged plastics did well too.  We visited with the owner for a while who is a delight to talk to and more of his girlfriend’s delicious cake was delivered again on this trip.  In my opinion, you can’t beat the Heartland 10-10 for the variety of lakes you have available and the quality of the fish caught.

Posted By: Jackson Bean

Oct 07 2013

Jon Frank

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That sounds like an amazing time! Congrats JB!