Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24345
Property Name : Spence Lake
Reservation Date : 05/07/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4: 2 - 3 lbs, 2 dinks
Lures Used : Senkos and all else

As George Costanza said in the whale episode, “The sea was angry that day my friends”. Wind may have won the day, but you can’t catch ‘em if you’re not fishing!

First time to fish here. Made the short drive & fished from 1 to 8 Thursday under sunny skies & forecasted 21 mph winds. However I would say more like 25 to 30 mph gusts.  Caught four, released 2.

Water was clear, 3 to 4 feet. Depth finder not working, so no water temp.  Water right up to the pier, but usable.

Bigger fish went 3 & 2 pounds caught on senkos (one TR & one wacky). Lost another fishing off the walkway casting towards the dam (downwind) along the grass line that may have been 4 or 5 lbs. on a black/blue TR senko right at the net.  Nothing on jigs, chatter baits, swim baits, crank baits, top waters, or spinner baits.

Fished the smaller lake for about an hour late in the day. One of the cull fish was caught in the small lake.

My 45 HP trolling motor on big club boat was no match for the rough seas. Patience, persistence and positivity could not overcome conditions over the seven hours of fishing. 

I did have one first. While fishing with a weightless wacky rig, I had a perch or crappie snapping at the worm and literally pulled the worm off of the O-ring.  Leaving only the O-ring on the hook!

I appreciate the opportunity to fish these lakes, no matter the conditions.