Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25809
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 09/20/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6
Lures Used : weight-less worms

We arrived at 6:45 am and immediately started getting boats in the water. Air temps was 58 deg., wind out of the northeast 10-15 mph. Water temps had cooled off, we were excited thinking the fish would be frisky and ready to chase our lures. The weeds (as posted in other reports) were submerged but thick everywhere. If you had any kind of weight, then you were in the salad. We fished around all 3 of the islands without success, the old pier structure without success and down the dam. We were stumped as to what to do. We caught scattered fish around the lake but never figured out any kind of pattern. One of the guys stayed on the dock and wore out the brim. I’m talking double hand sized fish. He was having so much fun that he never got in a boat. I think he knew we were struggling and he was catching fish. The weeds are everywhere so adjust your thinking and presentation. The few we did catch were relating to weed edge lines as best we could tell, swim the worm over the visible weeds and then let it fall as you got to the edges. The sunrise was spectacular and a blessing to be on the water. Dub didn’t come down to say hi, I hope he is doing ok. Tight lines my friends. Ron