Craig Awtrey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 30311
Property Name : Lee Lake
Reservation Date : 11/06/2021 All Day - 11/06/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 crappie, 32 bass up to 11.5lb
Lures Used : trick worm, jerk bait, jig, ned rig, swimbait

Third trip to Lee Lake. I really like this property as the drive is very easy for me and the pontoon boat is nice to fish from.

I like numbers lakes, as I’d typically prefer to catch a bunch rather than a big. Today was quite different for me.

My guest ended up with 20, and I was left at 12. I started strong and had 4 really quick in the boat on a ned rig.

Around 9:30 my guest started fishing a lipless so I relocated us into deeper water along the south bank near the dam.

Drifted from there back along the southern bank and I grabbed a heavy jig and tossed it out into the creek channel that runs along the south side.

I let it soak for a while and when I picked up the slack I could feel something heavy on the line. Gave it a hookset and felt it surge away, slowly but very strong.

Turned it around and got it near the boat but it was still deep and I had not seen it yet. A few moments later it came up and rolled flashing that broad belly.

I was fortunate my guest was right there with the net and scooped it up. I can’t imagine trying to land that by hand(or net) myself from the pontoon boat.

Got her on scales and she settled at 11lbs 8oz. I don’t have a proper ruler, but I do carry a soft tape and it looked to be around 28”

Massive fish and a beautiful example of what a largemouth bass can look like.

I ended up catching a few more fish after that, but nothing like my usual numbers at Lee Lake. Bite shut off for both of us around 3:30

Great day, great property.

Thank you to the landowner, Steve, and PWF for making days like this possible.

Nov 07 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Wowza – what a H-O-G – cognratulations!

Nov 07 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Wowza – what a H-O-G – cognratulations!

Nice Fish Craig!

Nov 07 2021

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Very nice, congrats.

The great thing is, there’s probably a fish or two like that in nearly every PWF property.

WTG!

Nov 07 2021

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Pybus

Very nice, congrats.

The great thing is, there’s probably a fish or two like that in nearly every PWF property.

WTG!

Amazing fish. Mau need to try that lake since im only a hour away’

Jon well done

Nov 08 2021

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on a beauty of a fish!

Nov 08 2021

Charles McCallum

Fingerling

Number of Posts :