Lots of things happened on this adventure

Apr 29 2024

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished it Saturday in the high winds.  Northeast is a blessing in strong southeast winds due to the trees to the south. Got the boat in the water and it was leaking. It looked liked flooding the ballast on a submarine. We made a decision  to go back into Murchison and see if we could find some Gorilla tape or leak seal.  Stopped at Scott’s general store. I went into the feed store and asked if they sold gorilla tape. The answer was no, as I turned to go out I saw a roll of gorilla on the shelf. They probably use it for ripped bags.  I asked if I could borrow it the man said go ahead and use it. Went back to the boat applied gorilla tape it worked. Took the tape back to feed store. Thanked him and tried to give him $20. He said no thanks just glad to help.  Then we started fishing.  It was a top water day on frogs .  Hard to feel the bite on worms or dukes as the wind was howling.  Best fish of the day was 5 ½ lbs.  probably caught 50 on top water. Most were 2lbs or better. All the short strikes were probably the dinks.  Lots of vacant beds around the dam so the spawn must be done. Did not see any fry.  Lesson learned today gorilla tape and JB weld is now part of our gear.   Didn't have time to put away my gear on Sunday as we had plans.  Went out to dropped my tailgate put my tackle bag on it. Unzipped the bag and a 2’ banded water snake came out in a hurry. Scared me as I first thought cottonmouth. The snake worked its way down my driveway and under the fence.  From now on I will zipper that bag back up.   Just another Private Water adventure.