May 16 2023

Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 35778
Property Name : Signal Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/15/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 47 Bass up to 5lbs.
Lures Used : Frogs, Chatterbaits, Spinnerbaits, Generals, Clout worms and Red Eye Shads

I had some family come to visit for my daughter’s graduation and so I took my Brother-in-law out to Signal Ranch yesterday.  After the hard rains the night before the water was pretty muddy and fishng was tough in general.  There were three of us fishing, my wife, my Brother-in-law and myself.  We were there from 9am to 4pm.  We used a lot of different baits and the fishing was very split up as far as catch rates.  The first hour gave up about 15 fish (including all the Frogs bites) and then the last hour was right at a dozen, half of which were in the small pond.  The balance were spead out, 2 or 3 together than 20 minutes of nothing, the another couple of fish and so on.  Generals and Clouts around the emergent grass, tight to shore produced well, but the presentation was very slow, with most bites coming on the dead stick.  Then the reaction bites all came arond the aerators.  Red colored Red Eye Shads were best here.  Clouts in Cosmic Black and Generals in Black/Blue Fleck were the best soft plastics.  I’d say the day was tough by Signal Ranch standards, but still a great day of fishing as we caught a fair amount of good sized butterballs from 3 ½ to 4lbs.  Fish looked healthy too.  Even some of the dinks we caught had fat little bellies.  If the water had been a little less muddy I think we could’ve had the more typical day out here.  My target for Signal Ranch is always 50+ on my own, we got near that as a group but we had to really work at it.