Jason Owens

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36342
Property Name : Post Oak Lake
Reservation Date : 05/21/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 75+. Up to 5.75 lbs.
Lures Used : Senkos, lipless crankbaits, squarebill, Texas rig, spooks

Fished Post Oak lake this past Sunday with my son and my brother/fellow PWF member.  We were on the water around 9 and fished until about 4pm.  My son and I fished out of the club boat.  My brother had his kayak.  Conditions were cloudy all day, almost no wind.  Temps never got above 80.  It was apparently a good day for the fish and the fisherman.  We caught them all day, all over the lake.  The stretch of bank from the right of the launch, all the way down to the little bridge produced the best.  

At one point shorty after lunch, it seemd like every fish in the lake was concentrated on the west side of the lake in that little corner just north of the bridge.  We probably caught more than 25 fish right there in less than half an hour using lipless crankbaits.  At one point my brother caught fish on 6 consecutive casts.  It didn't even matter where you casted to, they would eat it.  I even caught a couple by pitching to my brother's kayak and pulling fish out from under him.

Once that bite settled down we spent the rest of the afternoon  in the deeper areas looking for big fish.  I caught a 4lb 13oz fish on the east side of the lake, off the bank a little ways using a lipless crank.  Not long after that, my son hooked up with big fish of the trip.  A 5lb 13oz fish by working a spook in open water about 20 yards out from the overflow.  

This was one of my best PWF trips and I can't thank the PWF staff and landowners enough for making it possible.  If you haven't tried this property, I highly recommend it.  The pontoon boat makes for a comfortable day on the water.