Jun 05 2023

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36571
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 06/04/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30+ Bass up to 5lbs
Lures Used : spinner bait, shallow running crankbait, soft plastics,buzz bait topwater

Fished from day light until almost dark. Water was a bit staind with only two foot vis and temp of 82. Started out fishing the back lake where i caught my biggest of the day she was right at 5. The back lake is full of big aggressive fish and i caught several in the 3 to 4lb range the lake is really starting to get chocked off with coontail and i would imagine it will be unfishable as we get into summer.Threw popper frogs and buzzbaits early and they worked. Packed up the boat and headed to the big lake were my luck continued i spent the rest of the day exploring the lake. I used a variety of baits, but the most successful were soft plastics mainly white frogs.I caught three crappie around the dam. The owner says there are brush piles near there, but i coulld not find them. If anyone has any advice on where they are located that would be great. I caught over 30 fish with only 3 culls and probably missed just as many. Im amazed at the amout of 3-4lb fish in this lake.They are healthy and ready to fight