Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36622
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 06/09/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35 up to 6lbs 8ozs
Lures Used : Spook/TRIG/Frog

Fished AA with my friend and guide, Brandon Dillard, today, Friday 6/9.  Brandon has helped me over the last year or so refine my fishing game as it were and breakdown lakes which has helped me as a lake manager for my club lake and in general as a fisherman.  It was nice to be able to take him out to a lake I’ve fished a fair amount and show him how I break down a body of water and then get his take. Didn’t get ultimate size, but caught nice healthy fish in the 3+-6+ lb class from the start to the finish with only two ‘small’ fish – I’ll take that every day. 

1. Water was 83 to start, warming to almost 88 by midday.  Clarity was at 4.5ft.  Wind was mostly nil with some periods of 5mph.
  2. Felt like the lake had been fertilized at least once this year.  The weeds were thicker than last year, relatively matted, similar to 2021 and the clarity was down a bit with a greener tint than in the spring. 
  3. This time last year, the fish had already moved offshore into the rocks and ledges or formed into primary/secondary schools of fish.  Maybe we caught them in transition, not sure, but we found very few fish on the middle ridge and almost everything just inside the main grass line, then migrating to the outer grass line. 
  4. What I mean by that is that when the lake was built from the quarry, a 1-6ft zone/ring was dug around it (main grass line) and then it tapers to 18ft or so which I’d call the secondary grass line.
  5. Early, the bass were inside of the main grass line and I missed an absolute tank on a frog – the bluegill were spawning inside of the main grass line. 
  6. As the day progressed, the bass moved on the edge of the main line, and we flipped to holes.  
  7. Had some light schooling on the North and East bank main grass lines – and got some good fish on spooks/frogs. 
  8. Bass sat above the secondary grass line and it was TRIGs from there on out. 
  9. I’m used to fishing this lake in the wind, so it was weird not having any.  
  10. By 2pm it was 95 out and we called it a day.  
  11. Thank you to Joe and PWF for making this lake available – one of the top lakes in the club.

Jun 11 2023

Michael Svoboda

Fry

Number of Posts :

Has a thermocline setup on this lake yet this year? The last time I graphed that ridge it was 14-20 foot deep that sound right?

Jun 11 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Michael Svoboda

Has a thermocline setup on this lake yet this year? The last time I graphed that ridge it was 14-20 foot deep that sound right?

Surprisingly, there wasn't a thermocline yet, though I'd anticipate one forming before too long. Correct on the depth.