Saturday, Jun 24 - Lancaster Malouf (Good numbers, great fun, off the water before it was too hot)

Jun 24 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

We started fishing around 6:15 and we're done by 1:00. The sustained south wind pushed us around pretty good, but actually made it feel comfortable. Lancaster is full and clear and has plenty of hungry bass. The heavy shoreline vegetation shrinks the fishable acres but makes for a good target, focusing on  presenting soft plastics and squarebiils along the weedline. The bite on the soft plastics was subtle but they hammered the squarebill with authority. We managed 46 bass from 12in to 3lbs. Most productive baits were green pumpkin and watermelon red curly tail worms, 4.3 shad paddletails, and shad/white squarebiils. 

I caught one bass near the ramp that already had a brush hog and a ribbit frog in his mouth. 

Blessed day – love PWF. 

Jun 26 2023

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Woh! Already had both of those lures in its mouth?? Were they stuck with hooks or hanging out it’s gullet?? I’ve caught many many fish with crawfish trying to crawl out but never with lures attached!

Jun 26 2023

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Alex Elrod

Woh! Already had both of those lures in its mouth?? Were they stuck with hooks or hanging out it’s gullet?? I’ve caught many many fish with crawfish trying to crawl out but never with lures attached!

Hey Alex – actually the hookless, used plastics were just in its mouth and not down its gullet yet. We had observed it cruising the shallows – right up to the bank. I think it picked up these plastics just trying to find an easy meal. First cast I flipped a worm near it and it pounced! I know none of us purposely leave used soft plastics around, but just another indication that's it's important for us to clean up.