Jul 04 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36852
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 07/03/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18
Lures Used : Walker, Chatterbait, Crankbait, Jig, Spoon, Trig worm, Carolina wacky worm

Double A was Double A. I missed fishing this lake in the springtime. A couple of things I saw differently on this trip. I didn’t see any schooling action breaking the surface like previous trips. There were big carp jumping out of the water all day which I didn’t know they were stocked. Otherwise, the bass were more savage than I remembered. The bigger ones were not as fat & thick like the past, but they fought harder. They just don’t give up. Got to fish Double A yesterday for a few hours. The weather was calm and hot. It was like glass at times. The clarity was 3-4’ and the water temps were 86-87 degrees. I fished the perimeter grassline for the first half. There seem to be more undergrowth extending from the prominent grassline mat due to the lure getting snagged more often. The fishing was slow but the bites yielded 5 quality bass before the break. I caught them on a walker, chatterbait, and jig. Got to see and talk to Mr Joe at the break. I was able to compliment him on his ferocious bass and gave inputs on the lake. He was always nice as ever. I took a break for some time to cool off and go eat lunch with the family. With hardly any breeze, it was hot & miserable on the water. I decided to fish offshore for the second half along the large point and its ridges. I started out fishing the end of the point and working my way back. I didn’t have any bites on the end of the point. The bites started about halfway along the right ridge. The bass were caught suspended and near the bottom. I was either swimming the lure medium speed getting them to chase it or letting the lure hit bottom then lifting & slowly dragging to get the bite. The bass were mean no matter if it was 1 pound or 7. Hard to tell! I had more success fishing offshore than the perimeter grassline. I ended up with 13 offshore with 2 dinks, a handful of misses, and 18 total. The biggest fish was longer & thin compared to the 8# I’ve caught here before. He was a tank, anyways. Thank you owner and PWF!

Jul 06 2023

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the great info, Tri! I’ll be there Sunday with my two adult sons. Hopefully we can get into some savage bass!

Jul 06 2023

TRI VO

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Larry Maupin

Thanks for the great info, Tri! I’ll be there Sunday with my two adult sons. Hopefully we can get into some savage bass!

Sounds good Mr Maupin. Silver or chrome worked for me. Stay cool and keep moving!

Jul 06 2023

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By TRI VO

Sounds good Mr Maupin. Silver or chrome worked for me. Stay cool and keep moving!

Thanks! Will do! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

Aug 30 2023

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hello. I am a fellow PWF member. I am looking for someone who is really knowledgeable using the Lowrance HDS carbon units. I am a fairly new user and have been frustrated trying to learn how to use this unit for the most benefit. I saw that you had some successful fishing offshore at Double A. Are you a Lowrance user? Thanks

Aug 31 2023

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Glen Armstrong

Hello. I am a fellow PWF member. I am looking for someone who is really knowledgeable using the Lowrance HDS carbon units. I am a fairly new user and have been frustrated trying to learn how to use this unit for the most benefit. I saw that you had some successful fishing offshore at Double A. Are you a Lowrance user? Thanks

Hi Glenn, nice to hear from you! I am an average user on the Lowrance but I don’t have the HDS carbon unit. I have had more hummingbirds than lowrance in the past. Are you wanting instructions on working & understanding the unit to find fish or just catching fish after locating them?

I believe Joshua Massoud has a buddy that has a lot of knowledge on Lowrance if he could chime in.

Thanks for asking!