Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36808
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 07/05/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29 (12 dinks and 17 overs up to 4lbs
Lures Used : Popper, Chatterbait, Senko, T-Rig, Shaky Head, Trench Hawg

First time fishing this property; it’s a little over 2 hours from my home so an early morning start.  Hit the water at 6:20am, 77 degrees, visibility around 18 inches and zero and I mean zero wind.  Given how surrounded by trees this lake is, I could not believe how calm it was to the point where it was a bit eerie!  There was nothing going on top of the water bait wise or blow ups and in the 2+ hours i fished topwater, only saw/heard two blowups.  I wasn’t sure the topwater bite would be the play, but it’s nice to be wrong sometimes.

Started to the right of the ramp (West side) and worked my way around the entire lake with a popper and a frog.  Hooked 3 fish quickly in the cove to the right of the old shed in the water; really healthy fish.  Kept working my way around the lake, zero takers on anything in the trees and every fish on the popper was within 10 feet or less of the shore.  Until around 7:15am, all fish caught were a very subtle take on the popper, zero blowups, almost like they didn’t want to hit it, but I had just annoyed them by invading their space with this spitting lure.  Then, at 7:15am the fish woke up and started crushing it when they hit it.  The two biggest fish of the day, both around 4lbs, absolutely inhaled the popper.  Didn’t snap pics all day as It was so hot and I wanted to get the fish back in quickly, but these were really healthy bass.

Wind kicked up around 8:30 or so and the topwater bite was off.  Started blowing 10-12mph, so had to anchor down in a few spots.  Managed to catch a few dinks in the timber and around the edges on weightless Senkos/t-rig worm but no real pattern after that.  Fished in the deeper parts, but couldn’t find them.  Headed in at 11:30am at it was just plain hot at that point.

29 fish, with 21 caught on topwater.  Fun day and will be back to try this property out again.