Shane McKee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36913
Property Name : Malouf Lake
Reservation Date : 07/09/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 LMB 1-4lbs & 1 Bluegill
Lures Used : Texas rigged lizards and worms, spinnerbaits

Had an awesome first outing at Malouf with my 6yr son. We fished between 2-4pm and I caught two LMB as we trolled around lake. Not much action – but we were trying to find them. We didn't have fish finder (next purchase) and I'm sure we would have been on them earlier if we did. Took a two hour break – son got hot and we needed food. Went back out from 6-830 and we found the spot and Cole caught 5 and I caught 8-10 more. The fish were biting in the northwest corner of the pond in the deeper waters. Cole caught 2 just jigging off the side of the boat. A few of the bass were small (see pics) – but everything else was great size. Had trouble weighing – crappy scale. We probably would have kept fishing another two hours and caught a bounty but we wanted to be gone before it got dark. After we finished Cole said it was one of best days of his life. So we are hooked. 

Jul 11 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Attaway, Dad. That’s how it starts.

Jul 11 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

That report made my day! 

Jul 11 2023

Doug Lee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congrats Shane and Cole, on a successful first PWF trip. And Thanks for sharing your heart-warming experience. It looks like you both have a fishing buddy for life !