Jul 11 2023

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36894
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 07/09/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 up to 4.25 lbs.
Lures Used : Zara spook, Whopper Plopper Pop R, Senko, deep crank, U-tail worm, frogs

Each year I take my two adult sons and one of their good friends fishing. Double A did not disappoint! 
Weather was cloudy and breezy with some rain in the morning turning sunny in the afternoon. Water clarity to 3’, water temp 86 degrees. 
Launched my boat and the club jon boat at dawn. Within minutes fishing topwaters FISH ON. It never really stopped. We all caught bass in a wide variety of lures. Most action was in the cove on the north side of the lake and along the grass edges everywhere.
Most interesting catch for me was trolling a shad pattern deep diving crank bait (16’) along the 25-30’ deep water in front of the north dam. I could feel it pulling through the grass, then suddenly I felt a strong tug on my line and it was fish was on! It jumped and looked huge! Had to reel in 30 or 40 yards of line, but got it in. It was the biggest of the day at 4.25 pounds. Very stocky fish, big head and thick body. We caught very few dinks.
Joe the owner stopped by to say hello and we had a nice conversation. He's always friendly and helpful when we see him.

We packed up and left around 3 o'clock.
The property was clean with easy access as always.  Thank you, owner Joe and PWF for this fabulous lake!

We all had a great time. I think we’ve found our new favorite lake. I can't wait to go back again.