Windy with a side of Dinks

Jul 14 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36822
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/13/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 29 LMB (23 Culls and 6 overs up to 3lbs.)
Lures Used : Popper, Spook, Senko, Mag worm, Chatterbait, Swim Bait

Brought my buddy Brandon out for this first PWF experience.  Arrived before sunrise to 10-12mph winds and 85 degree temps.  Anyone that has fished Six O-Ranch when there is a decent wind knows it can be tricky as it seems to have a wind tunnel thru it.

Started off in the corner left of the dock and worked around the lake.  One taker onthe spook early.  Headed to the cove directly across from the dock and caught a couple of popper and a few on swim baits over top of the duckweed.  Wind kicked up evenmore so put topwater away and moved to mag worms and weightless senkos.  

About 10am it started raining off and on for about 45 minutes.  Once it stopped, the lake turned to glass for about an hour. Nice for fishing, but boy did it get hot.

Would catch a few here and there, but best success was off the point/drop off near the trees.   Caught about 10 in 15 minutes there, all but one were culls.  Best fish of the day were caught in the trees to the right of the dock.  Both were three lbers on consecutive casts, one for Brandon on a t-rig mag worm and one for me on a senko.

All in all we did well for the wind.  Brandon caught 7 and was happy as could be and I finished with 22.  He was so thankful to PWF for the beautiful lake and can’t wait to go out again.