Shane McKee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36945
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/13/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4LMB (1-2lbs); 1 catfish
Lures Used : texas rigged lizard/worms; spinnerbait, crankbait

I ventured out on one of the hottest days of the year – so I wasn’t expecting a whole lot.  Got to the lake about 4:30 and fished till about 8:30.  Spent a lot of time fishing up and down the lake in different areas.  Hit a small bass and catfish right past the dock (only thing really in the shade for first 2 hours).  Saw a bunch of bass and catfish in the back where it almost becomes a creek – but couldn’t get any to take my bait.  As it got darker – fished on the north side of the lake around the grass and fish feeder and ran into a school – caught 4 more there (they were pretty small) – but it had become shaded across the lake so there was a little more action.  Overall, solid 2nd trip with it being 105 degrees when I arrived.  

Jul 16 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Did you see or hear any pigs out there?

Jul 16 2023

Shane McKee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Pybus

Did you see or hear any pigs out there?

Dale – I didn't see any or any livestock. But it was really hot. Guess I should expect some the next time I go back?

Jul 17 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Shane McKee

Dale – I didn't see any or any livestock. But it was really hot. Guess I should expect some the next time I go back?

This group came to water the last time I fished out there. Must have been about 15 or 18. My presence did not seem to bother them at all, I kept fishing down the bank.  Chambers Creek runs right down the side of the property, major waterway and pig highway.