Bass CATCHING at Malouf

Jul 27 2023

Tim Macmanus

Fry

Number of Posts :

Caught 25+ LMB from .5 lb to 2 lb between 6:30-10:30am. Caught my smalles bass in my life. It fit in my hand and weighed about .5 lbs. Caught 100% on senko – black/blue flake, watermelon red and red/gold flake. The fish did not hit any top water either frog or whopper plopper. Did not hit a crick-hopper either. Caught biggest fish in the northwest corner before sunrise. Caught fish along the grass line on the dam, on the east grass line to about even with the timber in the middle of the lake, along the west grass line while tied up to the timber and close to the old fence post in the lake. From 8:30-9:30, I was catching a fish every third cast it seemed. Slowed down at 9:30 but still caught several after that. The grass is still VERY, VERY THICK about 20-25 yards along the edge of the lake. I would estimate that 15-20% of the lake is covered with thick grass. Had to pull up the trolling motor and paddle to get to a couple of good spots where I caught several fish. Hats off to PWF and the landowner for providing a SPECTACULAR morning of bass CATCHING, not fishing.