Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37061
Property Name : Wildcat Creek
Reservation Date : 08/06/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 48
Lures Used : Trig worm, squarebill, medium dive crankbait, jig, frog

Decided to venture in the heat since the family had a girl’s outing Sunday afternoon. Fished about 6 hours in the heat but the fishing was good. The first hour and a half was slow but I was feeling out the lake. It was slightly breezy but it was welcomed in 100 degree weather. I had to dunk myself in the lake at least once haha. Water temps ranged from 93-94 degrees. Water clarity was 1.5’ back in the arms and 3’ out toward the dam. Vegetation growth underneath was expansive in the upper arms but lures can be worked over the top. After not having a lot of success in the upper arms, I started to key in 10-12’ of water toward the dam or other side of the island. This was when the light switch flipped on. I found the fish stacked in this area. They were suspended over grass along the dam, brushpiles, and the roadbed. Fishing became so much easier, which was where I spent the majority of the PM. I caught fish also around the visible trees on the other side of the island. They were in 10’ of water. The humps between the cabin’s point and the island were definitely visible. They were loaded with grass extending near the top. Fish were picked off around the deeper edges of the humps. The lake does need culling but most caught were 15-16” and hard fighters. I believe most of my bigger fish were caught along the dam. If you like dam fishing, there's a really nice stretch. There were depths up to 19’. I ended with 48 bass and culled 15, but I think I lost count. My thumb was like sandpaper by end of day. In conclusion, I could have had a 100+ fish day by fishing the east side between the island and the dam. Bluegill & shad colors were effective today. Here’s a few pics taken. Thank you owner and PWF!

Aug 08 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great report, Tri. 
Most people can catch fish once the fish are found. Pick it apart and get the reward. 
And I've done the dunk myself in this kind of heat. It makes a huge difference.  

Aug 08 2023

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Pybus

Great report, Tri. 
Most people can catch fish once the fish are found. Pick it apart and get the reward. 
And I've done the dunk myself in this kind of heat. It makes a huge difference.  

Thanks Dale. Finding fish in this heat is crucial especially in the afternoon if you are going to last. It definitely takes some of the heat off your mind. Also, it wasn’t too long ago I installed a swim ladder on the back of my boat for my daughter. Getting in the water surely recharges you. The newer bass boats with the larger & more stable ladder like on my little brother’s 21’ makes a whopping difference for easier accessability. We’ve used his swim ladder numerous times this summer without jumping in.