Nice morning at Acker Lake

Aug 07 2023

Jason Goth

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37006
Property Name : Acker Lake
Reservation Date : 08/05/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21 (6 overs and 15 culls)
Lures Used : PopR, Buzzbait, Flukes, Wacky Senko, T-Rig Worms

Note: If you use any mapping software to get to lakes – make sure to stay on “Old Hwy 3”.  There is some construction on a bridge on Old Hwy 3 that has it closed to one lane – so Google/Apple takes you down a small road connecting the property to “New Hwy 3”.   Don’t use that – sit through the construction. Why?  Read on...

My brother James and I took his boat out Saturday morning.  The small road mentioned above is a mine field of giant ruts and holes – one of which punched a hole in James right rear trailer tire.    So, we had to stop and change that and had a little bit of a late start.  We got on a 7:00a and started with top waters.  James caught on on a buzz bait (cull) and I caught a 2lber on a PopR.  But, that was it for the top water bite.  So, we started fishing slow with plastics.  We were able to get a 3-4 culls on flukes and wacky senkos around the trees, but it was slow going.  About 11:00am the wind turned to the north and some clouds blew in.  It was really quite nice.  That turned them on a bit.  Caught several large ones (2x 2lb, 2x3lbs and 2x 4lbs) and 8 culls in about an hour.  All in deeper water near the dam using 10 in Texas Rigged worms.  At 12:00 they stopped as sudden as they started. By 2:00 the clouds blew off, was really hot, and we couldn’t get anything going. So, we called it a day.

Ramp and roads were in great shape.  Very nice lake.