Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37147
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 08/22/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17/2+lbs
Lures Used : Wacky worm, CutR worm, jig, Hybrid Hunter, PopR

Most of the fish were in 8-10 freet of water. Never really found a pattern. Every lure caught fish except the top water. I did have a problem removing the boat/trailer from the lake. Once i loaded my Jon boat on the trailer my front wheel drive Highlander just spun it’s wheels. I removed the boat and tried again. Still no luck. I tried to call PWF  and have them contact the landowner. No cell service. I started walking back to the shop area when I finally got an idea. I disconnected the trailer, pulled my SUV up about 10’ and attached a strap from the trailer to the SUV. I then put down the jack stand. This let me pull the trailer out. Then I had to hand crank the boat onto the trailer. Whew, go thing I’m only 74.

Aug 23 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Wow Glen, glad you were able to get out, that sounds like a tough spot for sure.

Aug 23 2023

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Wow Glen, glad you were able to get out, that sounds like a tough spot for sure.

It could have been worse. I started to walk up to the shop area to get help. When I finally retrieved my boat/trailer and drove by the shop, no one was there. That would have been about a 3-4 mile walk in all that heat. 

Aug 24 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Glen Armstrong

It could have been worse. I started to walk up to the shop area to get help. When I finally retrieved my boat/trailer and drove by the shop, no one was there. That would have been about a 3-4 mile walk in all that heat. 

Very thankful you were able to get it out yourself, that walk would have been brutal and incredibly discouraging to find no one there.  Hopefully next trip is much easier!

Aug 25 2023

John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice job. I have a few good stories of getting my “2 wheel drive” F150 stuck but best told over a beer. They all make for good stories when you catch fish AND escape any bad luck.  😎