NATHAN SHADLE

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37199
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 09/02/2023 PM - 09/03/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 7
Lures Used : Top Water, Texas Rig , Under Spin , Swim Jig

We were late getting on the water Saturday eve, we were able to get onto 1 using Texas rig,10 inch worm Plum color. I think there moving away from this now that its Sept. The big worm bite. In august we actully slayed them on the 10 inch worm. 

Sunday moring we were on the water early. My son is 9 and still learning. We got on the boat and he called the shot on where to go first. He chose his spot and then came bait selcetion, I told him top water. He said dad I want the Choppo Shad color. FIRST cast HUGE BLOW UP. I was facing the other way and only heard it.Keep in mind its quiet 6am. First it scared the shit out of him second was dad i got a big one! We got the bass in threw the scale to it 

4lb 14oz first one of the day 

He cast out again same choppo 3lb 2oz next one same bait 2lb 6oz He had caught over 10lbs of fish his first 3. 

I went to a popper bone in color and had 3 big blow ups however they missed it becasue i was poppng when they went for it. Should have slowed it down. 

Switch to brush hog texas rig caught 1 on that. We both had on under spins blue gill color gold blade and caught two. Little man finashed the day usinbg a white swim jig and trailer to catch one more. The top water bite went stale around 10ish. we were done around 11am 

Baits used Choppo 105 Shad color,Texas Rig brush hog tail dipped in garlic,White swim jig,Popper. We did throw chartuesse square bill,sexy shad lipless crank,chatter baits and spinner baits.

Sep 06 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That is the right way to start a nice father – son morning on the water!  Thanks for including the pics, we love seeing the big smiles that big bass bring to the kids.

Sep 07 2023

NATHAN SHADLE

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

That is the right way to start a nice father – son morning on the water!  Thanks for including the pics, we love seeing the big smiles that big bass bring to the kids.

It sure was Scott , Thank you!