Reservation Date : 09/24/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes :Total 6 Fish    2= 2LBS 2 =4LBS 1= 5LBS 1=6.4 LBS
Lures Used : Spinner Bait Under Spin Weightless Worm

Clear To Partly Cloudy

Very Light South Breeze

Water Temp 79°

Water Clear to 3ft

Lake Level Down 3ft

Only Fished From Sunrise To About 11AM This Was A Get The Bugs Out Run After A Long Downtime.

Booked This Trip To Test Run My New Set Up Bass Tender & New Minn Kota I-Pilot Trolling Motor. After Spending The Last 4 Months Grounded Do To The Texas Summer Of Fire Prepping The New To Me Boat. Started Off Figuring Out All The Remote Settings, So That Was Fairly Easy. Started Off Throwing A Underspin By The Dam And Quickly Picked Up A Couple Of Very Healthy 2 Lbers. Continued To See What The Trolling Motor Would Do Going Down The Far Side Tree Line Picked Up the First 4lb Fish.  Got Down To The Outside Of The Timber Area And Tried Out The I-Pilot Anchor Setting And 1st Cast Hit A Very Aggressive 6.4 LB Moved Around A Little And Picked Up  The 2nd 4 Lb. Got Into Some Shallow Water And Ran Into A Issue,Picked Alot Of Grass In The Prop, Safety Setting Prop Stopped Turning.Took Me A While To Figure That Out,Once I Got Moving Again About 10 Minutes In Barely Hooked But Landed A Very Dark Healty 5Lb.. At This Point It's Getting Pretty Hot, So I Decided This Test Run Was A Success, With A Very Nice Bonus Of A 20+ LBS Stringer.

Next Stop Acker Lake, Colby Ranch Coalgate Oklahoma. Saturday & Sunday October 1st With Steve Scanlon.

Tight Lines Ya'll

Sep 25 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice work Scott 

Sep 26 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

That’s one heck of a test run, congrats!  You’ll love that i-pilot spot lock anchor setting.  I’ve got it on my Old Town 120 kayak and it’s a game changer.  No more pulling up an anchor line!

Good luck this weekend, sounds like that lake is going to be a fun one.

Sep 28 2023

Scott Wheeler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ryan Sipe

That’s one heck of a test run, congrats!  You’ll love that i-pilot spot lock anchor setting.  I’ve got it on my Old Town 120 kayak and it’s a game changer.  No more pulling up an anchor line!

Good luck this weekend, sounds like that lake is going to be a fun one.

Thank You Ryan.
Yes For The little amount of time I was out there, I can see this trolling motor is going to be great.
the first time I used the I-Pilot Anchor I landed the 6.4 LB on the first cast..
Take Care Buddy,