Darryl Stratton

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37390
Property Name : Indian Hollow Ranch
Reservation Date : 09/29/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 89
Lures Used :

Fished all day Friday and was able to set 2 PB’s. 
1st: caught a 7.6 lb / south end of lake on a chartreuse spinner. 
2nd: caught 89 LMB / 86 were under the slot and removed. 

Started the day fishing top water and they were killing it. After 1 hour and 11 dinks I decided to put the biggest Whopper Plopper on and see if I could attract larger fish, nope!  The little guys kept hitting it and most would just get snagged by the treble hooks.  I moved to the deep and tried plastics with no change and at lunch I had 48 with only one that was over 14 inches (1.5 lb).  Next I moved to the south end with a white spinner bait, nothing hit it. Then put on a chartreuse spinner and bam my 7.6 lber.  But then just more dinks for the next few hours.  I tried multiple large baits but somehow they hit them all.  Had one more 3.8 lb take the spinner again in the first arm on the west side, but other than those 3 secant fish the rest of the day I spent removing hooks from all parts of small bass, after a while it was kinda funny that they would not stop.  Towards the end of the day I thought I could get to triple digits but by about 5 pm I was beat and packed up. 
Other than a raw thumb it was good day.

Oct 01 2023

Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I’d consider this an absolutely EPIC day. Broke a PB and nearly caught 100 fish?! That’s truly bonkers. I bet you were worn out after that day. Congrats on the PB!!

Oct 02 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Daryl,

Glad you caught a toad. And a huge thanks for taking out 86 bass for the club and the owner. We give out a PWF jacket to the member who removes the most bass each year and the member who posts the most reports. The winner usually removes about 300-400 bass each year. That one haul gets you ¼ of the way there. Awesome job.