Ben Pierce

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37415
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/01/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 42 bass 1-4LBS
Lures Used : Wacky, popper chatter, jerk bait

Started the day right at 7am, before launching the kayaks we Caught 7 bass right off the ramp, the bass were schooling on the banks for the first hour of the days then the bite was slow after that. 
we caught 3 fish right at 4 pounds but they were super skinny, easily could have been 5 1/2+ sized fish if they were healthy weight. All other fish were really healthy so it was interesting that the big ones were skinny. 

the creek was almost completely dry, water levels looks 4-5 foot down, there was a lot of bass in the back of the creek blowing up on shad in 1 foot or less of water, that's where we caught 2 of our biggest fish. I also lost 2 pigs easily above 6 pounds right at the Kayak

over all these pond is amazing, I will be back later this fall when the water cools off and hopefully the water is higher! 

Oct 02 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Ben,

Thanks for the report and pictures. Very helpful. It appears that the big headed/skinny bass is an isolated case, if the other bass were “healthy” (good body condition). When we see one or two fish out of 40 that are skinny and the rest are good, its a situation where we have a weak bass, crippled bass, old bass, or a soft plastic is stuck in his intestine. 

I wish you had got the two big ones in. Would love to have seen a picture. But, probably, no one is more disappointed than you. There is always next time. Right?