Another solid day at AA

Oct 02 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I fished with fellow member Glenn Armstrong on Thursday of last week at AA.  While the fish weren’t jumping into the boat like they were the other week, we had a solid day with over 30 fish in a full day of fishing. 

1. Water temps were creeping back into the mid 80’s and it was hot, very little wind and pretty glassy.  Made fishing tougher than I otherwise would have liked, but we still caught them – slow but consistently. 
  2. Schools were spread out – active on the middle North with the Ridge, East end by the grass flat, and towards the launch.  
  3. Fish were a bit spooky – several fish ran away from our frogs in the grass as the frogs creeped towards them.  I got one blow up but a miss. 
  4. Underspin, ARIG, mid depth crank, and trap, were the stars of the day swam through suspended fish.
  5. There was a hard thermocline at 18-20 feet which made catching them on soft plastics difficult except for a few spots that come to 20ft.  
  6. I did get a daily double – I thought it was a catfish at first as it felt heavy but wasn’t pulling like a bass. 
  7. I added a screenshot of how they look when stacked up on the 360.  
  8. Overall, we had a good time – a slight grind b/c of the glassy conditions but we made it work.   

Oct 02 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Gotta love AA and nice report!!  I have never used 360 and are all the white dots near the boat the fish stacked up?  And, are the longer streaks bait balls?

Oct 02 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Gotta love AA and nice report!!  I have never used 360 and are all the white dots near the boat the fish stacked up?  And, are the longer streaks bait balls?

The white dots are fish, almost looks like small little pieces of rice.  The streak could be bait or just multiple returns or the boat moving as the 360 rotates.  You can see rocks to the upper left and behind the boat. I caught a larger bluegill on a trap out of that group of fish as well, so it isn’t all bass.  

Oct 03 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

The white dots are fish, almost looks like small little pieces of rice.  The streak could be bait or just multiple returns or the boat moving as the 360 rotates.  You can see rocks to the upper left and behind the boat. I caught a larger bluegill on a trap out of that group of fish as well, so it isn’t all bass.  

Thanks!  Now that you point it out, those rocks are crystal clear.