Pretty Good Trip

Oct 23 2023

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Friday was a bust. It was still, it was hot, and the barometric pressure was high with blue bird skies. I'd reserved the full day, but left early. If the weather is against you there's not much you can do.

Saturday was still pretty slow. The fish were much more active and I saw a lot of them. I missed three or four as I went around the lake. Looked like three pounders. Didn't get anything in the boat. Coming back up the bank by the house I tokd my fiance "I caught one right here last time" and casted. I see a fish grab the bait and start reeling. It gets by the boat and I see it's big and barely hooked. Luckily she has improved with her netting abilities since some opretty tragic losses in the past. Fish weighed 8.7 and 8.9 when I weighed her.  

After lunch I caught another bass in the long creek area that weighed 6.6 and then finished with a 5 right before we left. So I only caught three bass all day, but they were all bigger fish and that's better than fifty small fish to me.

Oct 24 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

That’s alot of glides – nice work!

Dec 07 2023

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

That’s alot of glides – nice work!

Yeah, you should see how many are at the bottom of some of the PWF lakes. My heart and wallet hurt often.

Dec 08 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Ford, I have only fished Hidden Springs twice. It was hard to establish a pattern. One of the  trips I managed to catch 2-on a whopper plopper, both just under 5 lbs….they were caught less than 15 minutes apart. The remainder of the day I think I caught 5 or 6, all less than 2 lbs.  The second trip was not that great, a few dinks but good fighters. If Hidden Springs  wern’t quite as far from my place in Addison, I would fish it at least once a month.There are some pigs in this lake!!  I will be back in the spring for sure!

Mar 23 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Charles McCarble

Ford, I have only fished Hidden Springs twice. It was hard to establish a pattern. One of the  trips I managed to catch 2-on a whopper plopper, both just under 5 lbs….they were caught less than 15 minutes apart. The remainder of the day I think I caught 5 or 6, all less than 2 lbs.  The second trip was not that great, a few dinks but good fighters. If Hidden Springs  wern’t quite as far from my place in Addison, I would fish it at least once a month.There are some pigs in this lake!!  I will be back in the spring for sure!

I have had some toug days there. The laydowns on the bank across from the house were really good one trip and then nothing there the next. I caught the bigger fish right in front of the main house.