Jason Lee

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37697
Property Name : Crossroads Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/04/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 total, largest was 17"
Lures Used : Spinner bait, fluke, shallow crank, weedless swim bait

Arrived just after 12pm. Sunny day with high winds. Very clear water viz, 5ft+. Lots of vegetation throughout the lake.

It was a relatively tough day of fishing, I think the majority were hiding in the thick of vegation that I couldn’t reach. I think punching would have been very effective but I didn’t have the right rig for it. 

What I love about this lake is the various amount of cover that bass can relate to. There are a lot of laydowns, trees, stumps, vegetation, rocks right in the middle of the lake. I was surprised that I only caught 2-3 around that area. I tried a jig, fluke, shallow crank, spinner, top water all around that area. 

Glen, the owner, was such a nice guy and his hospitality was 5 star. He works really hard to make this lake a great experience, and his hospitality is a large part of that. 

The sunset was absolutely stunning, probably my favorite part of this experience. The water died down as the sun was setting and it looked like topwater heaven. Only landed one, and I saw bass literally swimming AWAY from my whopper plopper. 

My biggest feedback to PWF is to update some pictures for this place, drone shots and udpated photos would make this lake more appealing to others. 

Nov 06 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report and the feedback Jason!  We agree we need some new pics and drone footage for that lake and have added that to our to do list.