Nov 06 2023

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37721
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/05/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19
Lures Used : Square Bill. Chatter Bait, Whopper Popper, Creature Plastic and Stick bait

Arrived at the property around 6:10. It was the first day of the time change. Once inside the gate, I saw a wonderful Buck in the field by the Dam. What a beautiful property. I started fishing with top water since there was a lot of top water hits happening. Zero interest with anything top water. I switched to the spinner bait, nothing, then the square bill, nothing. Finally, to soft plastics and caught a few 16” along the east side.  I hooked up my deeper sonar to see the water temp (63-64 degrees) and look to see if the fish were in deeper water. ( Attached Pic) My conclusion was the lake had already turned over due to the water temps and the fish were around any grass they could find for the oxygen. Found most of the small grass structure on the west side south of the dock in deeper water.  I started to throw a TX rig stick bait with a screw in spinner in the tail around the grass structure and had good luck catching some nice fish, several were 3+lbs. I had one bass that was under the slot, rest were over. Glad I had the fish finder. Can’t wait to go back to this property. 

Nov 06 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

David,

Thanks for the report. We had a few slow reports before yours. Glad to know Pecan Springs can fish well. Great pic of the buck!

Nov 25 2023

Steve Scanlon

Fry

Number of Posts :

David  

Thanks for the report – we are going Sunday.  Did you notice water levels being low?

Were you able to get back into the shallow water on the south side?  The video shows some sort of back portion that goes back in a creek of sorts? 

Steve 

Nov 26 2023

David Wilcox

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Scanlon

David  

Thanks for the report – we are going Sunday.  Did you notice water levels being low?

Were you able to get back into the shallow water on the south side?  The video shows some sort of back portion that goes back in a creek of sorts? 

Steve 

Sorry Steve, I was out of the country and did not get this message until this morning.  Hope you had good luck!