Nothing under 3 lbs today at Twin Lakes (big lake)

Nov 12 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37771
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 11/11/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 77 LMB, 70 @ Big Lake all over 3 lbs and 7 @ little Lake from 2 to 3 lbs.
Lures Used : Blue / Black jigs, T-rig green worms

Fabulous day fishing TW today! Started at the big lake and caught 70 LMB...all over 3 lbs with biggest at 4.89! First time that has happened to us! Water is still a bit low and clarity around 18 inches. Steady wind to around 10 mph. Temps remained in high 50's to low 60's. Threw a variety of crankbaits with no takers and put the Ole reliable black-blue jig on and that was what they wanted so we never switched baits after that. Had great success along the bank perimeters all around the lake and also in the deep water at the dam end. Took a little break and went to the smaller lake and fished for 2 hours without much luck but did catch 7. All the fish at both lakes looked really healthy and strong. Definitely a great day and experience catching consistently bigger bass! All the thanks go to the landowner for a nicely maintained location and to PWF. 

Nov 12 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Outstanding job, Sylvester. That is a rare day for sure. 

Nov 12 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Outstanding job, Sylvester. That is a rare day for sure. 

Yes sir and truly amazing. I also lost 4 others, 1 of which looked and felt like it would of tipped the scale over 5 easily. Won't forget the day!!

Nov 17 2023

Greg Wadley

Fry

Number of Posts :

I’m going Saturday. Did you use a a trailer on the jig and what kind? thx

Nov 17 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Wadley

I’m going Saturday. Did you use a a trailer on the jig and what kind? thx

Hi Greg, 

I paired a blue/black jig with a Strike King blue/black rage bug, 4", that I picked up at Academy S&O. Just a tip I discovered, you might try the lake southeast corner end where the old fence line runs into the water and the bit of timber in that area…caught a bunch there and was surprised because it's probably only 3 feet deep. Also, they really liked a s l o w retrieve. We wore them out. Wishing you a great day fishing!

Sylvester