Matthew Peterson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37848
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 11/17/2023 AM - 11/17/2023 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 5
Lures Used : Senko, swim baits, buzz bait, rattle trap

Fished with two buddies at Brushy Creek on Friday. Water was in the low 60s and 2-3 feet visibility.

We managed one crappie and five bass, all 1-2 lbs and healthy. We missed another 8 or so, so we did have the opportunity for it to be a decent morning.

I have not been on the lake for about eight months so we viewed this as a scouting mission given the rapid changes in water level and fall transition.

The lake is easier to fish than it used to be as most of the weeds around 2 to 3 feet below the surface; but some areas that used to have grass are now mud flats.

We threw just about everything at them, but had most success with drop shot plastics. Most of the fish were concentrated and suspended in the final bend as the creek opens up into the main lake.

They did not seem to have moved very far up into the creek channel yet.

I am optimistic that this lake still holds the potential for us for some fantastic days and excited to get back out there soon!

Feb 17 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Excellent news. This is my favorite lake. I noticed the last several days I fished it last year the fish were mostly in that same bend, which was the opposite of my previous experiences out there. I'm sure that grass will come back swiftly and those crazy good days will still come around every now and then. 

Feb 17 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ford Rhodes

Excellent news. This is my favorite lake. I noticed the last several days I fished it last year the fish were mostly in that same bend, which was the opposite of my previous experiences out there. I'm sure that grass will come back swiftly and those crazy good days will still come around every now and then. 

One of my favorite lakes as well. Thank you for the report

Feb 18 2024

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Carpenter

One of my favorite lakes as well. Thank you for the report

Steve. Good to hear you are still interested in Brushy Creek. We will have to partner soon. 

Bill

Feb 18 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By William Fetech

Steve. Good to hear you are still interested in Brushy Creek. We will have to partner soon. 

Bill

Sounds good Bill