Good Time @ KBar Ranch

Nov 20 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37873
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/19/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 Bass Dinks to 17" (32 bass culled)
Lures Used : Crankbait and Stupid Tube

The boss gave me the day off so I made a quick trip to Dickinson. Caught 33 fiesty bass with 29 culled and 4 returned (up to 17”) on Lake Raymond. Most of the culls were in the 12-14” range. All the of the lakes are down 3-4ft and the water temp on Lake Raymond was 70f all day. At the end of the day I caught another 5 bass from the bank on Golden Pond with 3 culled and 2 16” bass returned.

Arrived at dawn to foggy overcast conditions and started fishing from the bank on Lake Raymond. The water was stained with 2’ of visability and sparce dying weeds. I had no takers on topwaters or an assortment of other lures but finally got them active with a 3XD chartreuse/blk back crankbait slowly retreived back to the bank. Most of the strikes came within 6’ of the bank. The CB bite died when the wind picked up & the sun came out at 9am. Switched to the small boat and proceeded to beat the bank starting on the north end of the lake. I had some success had on shakey head, ned rig and wacky senko presentations but what really got their attention was a stupid rigged tube (both white with black flake or green pumpkin with red flake). The bite was soft to nonexistent and the best retrieve was to slooowly drag the bait back to the boat and set the hook when you felt a slight resistance. 

I had a nice chat with Raymond who helped me beach the boat around 2PM and then finished the day on the south end of Golden Pond. The tube presentation was the ticket and I ended the day after landing a 17” bass by the submerged trees and headed home at 3PM. The water in this tank was clear with 4-5ft of visibility.

Cheers

Dec 04 2023

John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I have fished K Bar several times but have never hit the numbers you mention in your report. Maybe the next time you fish there I could join you, if you wish,  and you can show me how to do it. Stay well.  

Dec 04 2023

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Egan

I have fished K Bar several times but have never hit the numbers you mention in your report. Maybe the next time you fish there I could join you, if you wish,  and you can show me how to do it. Stay well.  

John,

Happy to fish with you! When on, KBar can really provide a lot of action (mostly culls) with an occasional kicker. Just sent you an email and will give you a shout next week.

Bob