Dec 02 2023

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37960
Property Name : Malouf Lake
Reservation Date : 12/01/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15-20 from dinks to 2.5 lbs
Lures Used : Fluke, Mini-Chatterbait, Whopper Plopper 60, Jerky J, small paddletail on underspin

Started fishing at noon. Temp in the high 50’s to low 60’s, bright blue skies and slight breeze.  Water was stained at mid 50’s with 18” visibility.  Caught first fish around the timber on a mini-chatterbait, but was seeing and hearing bass blowing up on bait near the shoreline.  I tied on a weightless fluke (Zoom Super Fluke in Electric Shad color) and started chasing them, and that turned out to be the ticket.  I worked the  East side from the timber down to the fence area picking off fish when they showed themselves or fan casting to the bank with steady action.  I also tried my new BFS setup with a 3” Jerky J weightless on a 1/0 hook and caught a few on it as well.  Most of the fish were not in a fighting mood and gave up once they were hooked.  They were on the skinny side as well.  The bite died down by around 4pm and after trying a few other things with no success, I packed it in.  Nice half day of fishing on a beautiful afternoon.