Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37934
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 12/02/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Over 30
Lures Used : Ned, drop shot, hover

Fished a cold day at Double A and finished with a little over 30 bass, 9 culled and the largest at 6.0. (16” cull limit and it's gonna fatten up those big ol’ bass.). Also caught a monster carp on a Ned rig and apparently they also like Power Baits.   Caught bass all around the lake and when the day warmed up they were staging near the edges of the grass, which still have a lot of green in them.  Caught them on a variety of lures with the drop shot, Ned and hover rig being my go to throughout the day.  Got to see Joe on-site in the afternoon, and always a enjoy catching up and connecting with him. 

Dec 04 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

What has been your go to on the hover rig?  

Dec 04 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

What has been your go to on the hover rig?  

I really like the Berkley Flat Worm (4.25) and it does a great death spiral that looks legit. I seem to go through a lot and been using super glue on the head and now able to catch multiple fish on a single bait. 

Dec 04 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

I really like the Berkley Flat Worm (4.25) and it does a great death spiral that looks legit. I seem to go through a lot and been using super glue on the head and now able to catch multiple fish on a single bait. 

Cool, I used it a bit over the summer and will give that a try as well.  

Still no real luck on the panorama. 

Dec 05 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Cool, I used it a bit over the summer and will give that a try as well.  

Still no real luck on the panorama. 

Joshua – Same with me on the Panorama.  Isloated fish here and there, but nothing to ride home about.  I think Spring/Spawn it will be killer on beds, but the action is just so slow on the “spiral” that I am not sure it really provokes fish like I thought it would.

Dec 05 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ryan Sipe

Joshua – Same with me on the Panorama.  Isloated fish here and there, but nothing to ride home about.  I think Spring/Spawn it will be killer on beds, but the action is just so slow on the “spiral” that I am not sure it really provokes fish like I thought it would.

That's disappointing. I had high hopes for the panorama but after reading Joshua's post from earlier in the year I resisted the urge to go out and buy a bunch.