Dec 08 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37997
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 12/06/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4lmb, 3lbs - 4.5lbs
Lures Used : Everything (Ned Rig, drop shot, chatter bait, swim bait, fluke, seiko, jig, lipless crank, square bill

Fished on 12/6, arrived at 8am and fished until 2:45pm.  As mentioned in the title, I batted flawlessly for the day.  4 bites and landed 4 fish; it was a grind.  41 degrees at launch with water temp at 49 degrees, but super clear water.  Tried deep, tried shallow, tried everything inbetween and just couldn’t find the trick.  As from other recent reports, most fish were marked in deeper water (28-34 feet), but the fish were staging at 10-20 feet.  Didn’t matter what I tossed, they just weren’t interested.

Caught all 4 fish on a 5 inch fluke.  One was in the cove left of the boat ramp and the other three in the far left corner across from the ramp.  The last 3 were all in a 10 minutes span when the water temp warmed to 55 around 1pm and the bass started busting shad on top.  Tossed a fluke in them and they’d smash it.

I have a love/hate relationship with Double A.

Love = Joe with Double A, Little A and Wildcard (and Eric with Salt Lick/BLue Rock) are probably the best property owners in the club.  They put so much time/energy into letting us fish their lakes and primed for a great day.  Any day at Double A can provide the opportunity for a monster.  Plus, every fish, 1lb on up fights way above their class.  The new culling at 16 inches will further make large fish flourish.  I also love this lake and keep coming back as it makes me fish out of my comfort zone.  I am a terrible deep water fisherman; literally terrible.  I never grew up fishing deep in Indiana and just struggle with it.  If anyone every wants a fishing partner for a day at Double A or any other deep quarry lake that can provide some tips, I am all ears.

Hate = I stink at deep water fishing:)

But, another beautiful fall day fishing at an awesome property!

Dec 08 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I am right there with you brother. I grew up in East Texas and we had a lakehouse on B.A. Steinhagen, better known as “Dam-B”. It is 30 mins. south of Sam Rayburn. It is very shallow, so like you, I am great fishing depths of 2-10 feet. Anything15- 20+, I am completely out of my element. I suck at Double A. Knowning my lack of experience and having little chance of having one of those epic days is very frustrating. I love everything about AA… but will spend most of my future efforts in the club lakes that I can excell in. I will still keep going to AA once or twice a year, there is always the possibility of catching your pb there when least expecting!