Greg Davis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37994
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/07/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 no culls 2-5lbs
Lures Used : Jigs, swimbait, fluke, rattletrap, xrap, yellow magic

I think it has been twelve years since I was here the last time and it was a dink fest back in the day, and I always preferred Rough Creek. I thought I would give it a shot again, as Rough Creek is gone, and Six O is a beautiful property, and I know there are a few bigins that have grown up over the years.

First off, the weatherman did me wrong! Predicting  76 degrees and 10pm wind. I was greeted by 25 mph wind and 50’s… They missed by 1 day :)-. Started off by getting my truck stuck at the launch, and spending a couple of hours getting it out. I backed up a couple of feet closer than I could have, and was rewarded appropriately. Used an old rusted out bucket I found and a paddle to scrap gravel off the road and sprinkle gravel under the dually tires. Luanched my boat, and glad I opted to use it, as the wind might have been too much with the pontoon.
On to fishing…. threw everything around the trees, nobody home. Continued to work down the bank on the right of the launch side, and picked up a few 2 lb kamakazies with the yellow magic above the grass in 3-5 feet of gin clear water. Continued down to the far end and picked up 3 more, the largest was probably 5lbs, long and skinny with a giant head. While the smaller fished looked great, this one was patheticly thin. Might have a belly full of plastic, just a guess. With white caps on the lake I decided to call it a day, and slowly made my way back. My twin troller has 2 55lb motors, and it was slow going. I will head back in the spring under better conditions.