Raymond McKinney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37952
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/09/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 bass, 1 giant bream
Lures Used : Ned rig, Tx rig, fluke

I knew what to expect from the weather but was determined to fish anyway. lake is full! Cool morning and lite north breeze to start so did a drift along the east shoreline to the dam. Nada. Tried wake bait, hard jerk bait, lipless. They weren't having anything moving. Went to the west shoreline and caught a giant bream on a Ned rig and one small bass on a Tx rigged ribbon tail worm, moved north to the point across from the dock and picked up a few more on a dshad and that same worm. Went back and forth between these 2 places over the course of 5 hours trying to hide from the wind as much as I could. Finally the white capped lake won and I called it about 1. 
The duck hunters likely did well today as I saw several large groups of teal and pintails making their way into the next cove all morning. I truly love this lake and this ranch and am so very grateful to be able to fish it regularly. Thank you to the owners who are always so very nice to me whenever I am blessed to see them, and to PWF for all they do.