First PWF trip - Tear Drop Lakes - Good times!

Dec 22 2023

Jacob Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38099
Property Name : Tear Drop Lakes
Reservation Date : 12/20/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 - 20 LMB & 4 sunfish/panfish(?) - All under 1lb
Lures Used : Ned Rig, Drop Shot, Beetle Spin

Had a blast bank fishing the Tear Drop Lakes as my first outing as a PWF club member! Air temp was roughly 69 and crept up throughout the day. Water temps were unknown. 

Arrived at 7am and tried topwater poppers and a spinnerbait at the middle lake but had no luck.  Decided I would switch over to a drop shot and fish off the dock catching a handful of dinks for an hour. Switched to the upper lake and caught some more off the drop shot and beetlespin, including the 4 panfish(?). Moved back to the middle lake after lunch and caught some more off the dock again. By 1pm I had caught 4 panfish and 16 LMB dinks – a great day thus far but I decided to test my luck at the final lake. This lake produced 4 more bass on a ned rig underneath the tree-lined bank. I ended the trip around 3:45 when the bite had slowed.

I had a great time at the Tear Drop Lakes as my first outing with PWF. The property was very well maintained and easy to navigate. A friendly gentleman introduced himself and we ended up chatting for some time. Looking forward to trying out the other properties and getting myself a trolling motor so I can use the club boats. 

Thanks to PWF and the landowners for allowing me to fish! 

Tight Lines,

Jake

Dec 22 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the detailed report Jake and welcome to PWF!  We look forward to many more reports from you.  A trolling motor makes an excellent gift for the holidays, hopefully someone got that memo for you ๐Ÿ˜

Dec 23 2023

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Thanks for the detailed report Jake and welcome to PWF!  We look forward to many more reports from you.  A trolling motor makes an excellent gift for the holidays, hopefully someone got that memo for you ๐Ÿ˜

Welcome and glad you enjoyed your trip