Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38168
Property Name : Indian Hollow Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/30/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 total, culled 10
Lures Used : Slow moving soft plastics

First time to visit and hope it isn’t the last – this place was so cool! Wasn’t the most productive day as far as size goes but it was fun nonetheless. The weather leading up to visiting was cold and the water was really cold so it’s to be expected. The wind was minimal and the sun was a beautiful 57 while fishing so we couldn’t complain at all.

I brought my brother in law out while the family was in Oklahoma for NYE. The boat and property were in great condition – absolutely fantastic property! Every square inch was so fishy that it was hard not to obsess over every spot and spend hours in one area picking it apart. We worked counter clockwise rotating between fast and slow moving baits. Shad profiles seem to work best for us.

We had almost exclusive luck about 15 feet off the bank casting towards the bank and slow rolling back towards the boat. Zero luck out deep or shallow. It seems like they were always in transition zones. Of the 10 that we culled they were all well under the limit, and those that we tossed back were just over the limit with the biggest going 19” but had a huge head and was crazy skinny. I imagine closer to spawn this fish would’ve been 5+ pounds.

One thing to note – we noticed a “slide” at the dam near the boat launch so I went to explore and it looks like maybe where an otter is having a good ol time? I could be wrong but here’s a photo of the slide, along with what looks like a big pile of scales which is what made me think an otter and not a beaver. I’ll leave it to the experts to figure this one out though!

Great place and hope to return once things warm up – I imagine with slightly better conditions this is a FACTORY of busy catches.