Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38220
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 01/06/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5#, 7#, 8#
Lures Used : Crankbait, Swimbait

It was cold and overcast.  I got on the water at 8 am and fished till 3.  During the first two hours I caught the 7in the dock side (southwest) , near the point/feeder.  It was a Caribbean blue, dives to 10 feet.  I was retrieving slow and it just stopped.  The treble hooks were inside his mouth and tongue so he wanted it all.  I took a break and sat in the truck to thaw out.  I am a fan of Tactical Bassin and they recently did a video on big swim baits this time of year.  I tied on a mega draft white swim bait.  You can kind of see it in the pics.  It has great action in the water and I retrieved it really slow after I let it sink. I caught the 5 and then about 10 minutes later hooked into something big.  Great fight and finally got it close to the kayak and could not believe how fat it was.  Right at 8#!  I Tried to get good pics but big fish, cold hands and solo kayak are not good combos for pics.  The water was clear and seemed like the lake was full.  Still lots of slimy algae.  My best three best fish bay since I have been with PWF.  Thanks PWF.  I'll be back in the spring.  

Jan 07 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice fish. The big fish there like this time of year.