Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38361
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/24/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 4lb catfish
Lures Used : Every thing but the kitchen sink

Booked a full day and let me start off with some great news the lake is up several feet from last  i was here in November!!  I had no problems using the boat ramp and most of the PVC markers are barley out of the water. The water temp was 41 with about a foot of vis and no grasses of anykind to hang up on. It was overcast and a bit chilly with almost no wind. I tried of array of soft plastics and a few swim baits and kept a crappie rig on hand as well, but never got a bite on anything. I covered the lake for several hours trying all of the hot spots and then decided to go for some catfish because i always have had great luck with them here so i parked the boat and started fishing from the pier. I used punched bait and after about an hour i finally got a bite and landed a healthy 4 pounder which i threw back. That would be the only fish of the day. Between them not biting and having wet feet and cold hands i shut it down at 3 loaded up and headed home With all of this rain i bet the creek channell will be great for the upcoming spawn.