Ramonito Caruana

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38437
Property Name : Malouf Lake
Reservation Date : 02/03/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 23
Lures Used : One Knocker/Stealth Blade Jack Hammer/Rage Swimmer

Great half day session at Malouf. On the water 12pm, air temperature in the mid 50s and warmed up a little to the 60s with steady wind around 10mph. Water temp in the low 50s and lake is full. It was overcast early afternoon and opened up to a clear sky mid afternnon. Started with Chatterbait and picked up few on the northwest corner left of the ramp, moved over to the big cut on the east side and pick couple more on the Chatterbait, then it went quiet mid afternnoon. Moved over to the southwest cut, nothing so rotated to a swimbait and picked up few north of the southwest cut in 6ft of water. When I got to the trees on the west side, noticed that the water was little colder, so moved over to the east side towards the northeast corner where it’s expose to the sun most of the day and the water was little warmer, then BAM! had flurry late afternoon on a OneKnocker lipless, caught 11 fish around the northeast corner. I was about ready to pack it up but decided to stop by at the northwest corner and ran a lipless along submerged grass line, few cast later a 6 pounder and caught 3 more including a 3.5 pounder. Caught 23 total, 1 X 6lb, 1 X 3.5lb, most were 1-2.5lb and 3 were less than a pound.      

Feb 05 2024

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That’s the biggest one I’ve seen at Malouf.  Congrats on a nice day!

Feb 05 2024

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the 6lber!  Just like David commented, I never would’ve guessed a 6lber lurking in Malouf as a big bass there generally is 4+.  Awesome day for you!

Feb 06 2024

Ramonito Caruana

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ryan Sipe

Congrats on the 6lber!  Just like David commented, I never would’ve guessed a 6lber lurking in Malouf as a big bass there generally is 4+.  Awesome day for you!

Thanks David and Ryan. Looks like this might be the unicorn in this properly, this was my 4th visit and always caught good numbers here but nothing over 2.5lb in previous visits. Thanks to PWF and property owner for allowing us to enjoy Malouf, appreciate it.