Big bite was on at Hat and Star - New PB for my buddy!

Feb 14 2024

Tyler Anderson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38514
Property Name : Hat and Star Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/13/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Lots, one 9.5, another 9 and lots over 5
Lures Used : Damiki rig, Alabama rig, Hair jig

Got out there around 10am, the baitfish were already pushed up on the windy banks.  We started by chasing around suspended fish but they were very tricky and would not eat, insteac only chase my Damiki Rig.

We then started throwing Alabama rigs and offshore hair jigs very slow along the bottom and caught two over 9 (PB of 9.5 for my fishing partner) and a handful over 5.

After around noon, the fish really started to get active up shallow where we caught some that were pushing bait up against the bank.  The suspended fish also started to act more aggressive at that time, so we got a few more around 5 pounds out there.

Definitely one of the most healthy properties I’ve seen, can’t wait to be back!

Feb 14 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great report. Congratulations on a great day

Feb 15 2024

Jim Johns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Outstanding job!!  Awesome place for sure!  

Feb 15 2024

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Awesome day and congrats on the new PB for your friend.  I don’t suppose you had the camera rolling so we can watch on your YouTube channel soon???

Feb 15 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Felton

Awesome day and congrats on the new PB for your friend.  I don’t suppose you had the camera rolling so we can watch on your YouTube channel soon???

I believe the cameras were rolling, should be some great footage!  I think they may be editing it next week, I’ll keep an eye out for it and add the YT video to this report once it is up.

Feb 18 2024

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

I believe the cameras were rolling, should be some great footage!  I think they may be editing it next week, I’ll keep an eye out for it and add the YT video to this report once it is up.

Two over nine and bunch of fives, what a day. 

Mar 13 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

I just added the video from Tyler for his trip, some great fish and catch footage!  Also, some very interesting discussion on how he uses and learns from LiveScope, esp in the winter.

Mar 14 2024

Michael Svoboda

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

I just added the video from Tyler for his trip, some great fish and catch footage!  Also, some very interesting discussion on how he uses and learns from LiveScope, esp in the winter.

Love your channel Tyler! Thanks for the tips!

Mar 24 2024

Steve Scanlon

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great day Tyler ! Incredible bag – love to see the use of a Hair Jig.  That's something I recently added to my portfolio, but not sure how to utilize just yet. I see you worked it off bottom for that massive hook up.

Watch your channel on the reg – would love to meet and catch some with you one day – btw – I'm impressed you wear your ring on the water, I'd definitely sling mine into the drink casting, no doubt.

Gig’em !

Steve Scanlon