Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38515
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 02/18/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21
Lures Used : Drop shot, hover rig, lipless

When fishing from a kayak I will usually pick cold over wind any day of the week but with air temp of 26 degrees in the morning and 48 degrees water temp I think I found my limit.  Temps did pick up to 53 by the afternoon and water was between 51-52 when I left. I ended the day with 21 bass, 15 culled, and the largest was 7lbs 6oz. Most of the culls were at the 14-16” mark.   The early morning was dead, but the bite window opened up from 9:30 to 11 and was able to catch fish all around the lake.  

Water clarity is around 2ft and the lake is the highest I have seen. I was able to cruise over the standing timber on the west end without a problem.  A huge log did float over to the boat ramp. I moved it the best I could and larger boats shouldn't have an issue backing down the ramp. 

Got to see Joe in the afternoon and jokingly I told him i caught some good numbers but haven't had a chance to use my net yet on any big ones, but plan to. Glad I didn't disappoint. 

Feb 21 2024

Michael Svoboda

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great day Mike. Gratz.

Feb 22 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Michael Svoboda

Great day Mike. Gratz.

Thanks Mike and it was good chatting with you the other day. Save some 11 pounders for the rest of us.