Saturday, Feb 23 - Timber Lake, Sulphur Bluff (beautiful day - bountiful harvest)

Feb 26 2024

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38594
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 02/24/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 50 bass 12 IN to 2.5 LBS and 5 crappie
Lures Used : Most productive baits were a hard jerkbait, squarebill crankbait, a t-rig z-craw worm, a 4.3 paddletail, a hover-type minnow jig, and a green pumpkin “heavy poop” style bait.

Pam and I had the pleasure of fishing Timber Lake on Saturday under ideal weather conditions. The lake is full with visibility to about 4FT and surface temps from 57-62F. 

We fished from about 7:15 to 5:45 with an extended lunch break.  It was a numbers day for us as we landed 50 bass and 5 crappie. We couldn’t get on any larger fish with only a few between 2.2 and 2.5 LBS.  And a handful just shy of 2.0 LBS. We harvested 37 bass (mostly 12-13IN) and 5 crappie. 

Most productive baits were a hard jerkbait, squarebill crankbait, a t-rig z-craw worm, a 4.3 paddletail, a hover-type minnow jig, and a green pumpkin “heavy poop” style bait. The majority of the harvesters and the crappie were coaxed from a 6-7FT flat just out from the launch. The better fish of the day were caught way up in the east creek arm. 

Very enjoyable day and my electric knife got a workout in! 

Oh yeah - funny thing - as I was taking one crappie off the hook and laying my rod down on the side of the boat, another crappie inhaled my jig that was just under the surface!