John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38658
Property Name : Post Oak Lake
Reservation Date : 02/27/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 up to 3 lbs
Lures Used : Chartreuse Wave Worms, wacky and Texas style

Fished from 9am to 3pm on 2/27. Air temp low 70s, nice overcast sky, and strong winds out of the South showing white caps on the lake. Water clarity stained due to the wind. The lake is full. In some places along the banks there are the remnants of the grass that grew up during the drought. The old grass did not hold any fish today however, but could provide good cover for the Spring hatch.

Attempted the dam at first but could not get any distance on a cast (surprise). Moved and started fishing midway between the boat launch and bridge to compensate. Most fish hit about 15 feet from the bank. Had a steady, even though slow bite as I moved down towards the bridge and then down from the bridge to the shallow end.  I caught/missed fish all the way around. Some fish showing eggs. Some very pale in color but all healthy. Caught 11 to 3 lbs, most in the 2-3 lb range, culled one 13 incher, and lost a few dinks shaking off by the bank. Happy to get out after 2 months of being weathered out. 

Looks like the property owners have rebuilt the 2 fish feeder platforms on the dam. There were no pellet dispensers installed back  however. The Pine Tree road into the property looks like it was just recovered with white stone. Now nice and smooth, however lots of white dust in the (covered) bed of my truck. Assume a good rain will slow the dust down.