Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38786
Property Name : Wildcat Creek
Reservation Date : 03/01/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 LMB, Culls to 3.5lbs
Lures Used : Entire Tacklebox

I’ve been wanting to try this property out even though it’s nearly 2.5 hours from my home. Yesterday was it’s first day open after hunting season, I so figured I would give it a go even on the backend of a cold front. The weather was definetly much worse than normally projected with cloudy skies temps at 39 degrees when I launched with water temps at 49.

Before talking fishing, let me say, this is a gorgeous property.  If someone is looking for a getaway, this is the place.  I ihad four does run across the road upon entering the property and wildlife all day.

My hopes that these fish having not seen lures for awhile would make them anxious to bite did not come to fruition.  Caught my first fish about 30 minutes in to the right of the island on a jerkbait.  After that, I didn’t have a hit for the next 3 hours.  Threw everything imagineable for pre-spawn fish, spinnerbait, jig, squarebill, red lipless crankbait, senko, jerkbait.  I just couldn’t find them.  I read previous reports where most people had luck with squarebills, so i decided I’d go all in that route.  I ended up trying 8 different squarebills and caught 8 more fish, so it produced in the end.

The lake has musk grass off the edges, but that’s also where I caught all the fish.  Best spot was the furthest finger from the boat launch.

Great property overall, I just caught them on an off day, post cold front.  I’m sure next week after a few more warm days, they’ll be swarming.  I hope many more people visit this property as I know it doesn’t get as many visitors as other lakes due to its distance.