Ramonito Caruana

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38797
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 03/02/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38
Lures Used : Rage Swimmer/Chatterbait/Lipless/Senko

Another pretty weather outing, arrived at Northeast Lake on a cool low 60s air temp, clear sunny sky and mild wind in the morning. On the water 10am, started on the west side perimeter and fished the 4-5ft zone, it was a slow morning only caught 6 by noon including the biggest of the day a 6 pounder, so took a lunch break. Fish were only hitting rage swimmer in the morning, they didn’t like  any vibration. Proceeded to the Dam after the break and got few taps and bump but no solid hit. By the time I got to the southeast corner of the Dam the wind started to change direction and was a little gusty then suddenly I had continuous hit on the east side all afternoon. The only break was when the wind transition from gusty to steady, fish would stop hitting the rage swimmer when it becomes gusty so I would rotate to chatterbait or lipless and they like it until the wind becomes steady again then I rotate back to rage swimmer. Caught 38 total, 1 X 6lb, couple 3 pounder, about a dozen 1-1.5lb and most were smaller fish in 12-14” range.             

Mar 03 2024

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a great day out! Nice catch!

Mar 03 2024

Ramonito Caruana

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Larry Maupin

Sounds like a great day out! Nice catch!

Thanks Larry, it was gorgeous weather and the fish didn’t disappoint.