Aaron Zimmer

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38817
Property Name : Tara Lake
Reservation Date : 03/02/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6
Lures Used : brush hog, chatterbait, hardknocker

First time at Tara Lake. Air temp was 42 degrees when I launched the boat at 7:30am. Water temp was 56. Caught 5 largemouth and 1 spotted bass. 3.6lb was the largest and my first fish of the morning (watermelon brush hog). Wind was 5mph when I arrived and picked up to 15 mph by 11am. Water clarity was about a foot. All fish were caught on East side. 2 by the tree pilings and the other 4 near that East cove where there’s a decent drop off (3ft to 6ft). I got a healthy 3.1 pounder on a chatterbait right before I had to pack up at 11:45 which made it hard to leave. Looking forward to fishing this lake again. 

Lures that caught fish: watermelon brush hog, green chatterbait (no trailer), red hardnocker

Mar 03 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club. Tara is a good lake. Hmmm spots? Going there soon and will pay attention to the smaller fish. I know Moss Lake NNE of there has big spots 3-4 pounds. Looks like you had a decent outing. 

Mar 04 2024

Aaron Zimmer

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Welcome to the club. Tara is a good lake. Hmmm spots? Going there soon and will pay attention to the smaller fish. I know Moss Lake NNE of there has big spots 3-4 pounds. Looks like you had a decent outing. 

Thanks John!