Chris Harper

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38622
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 03/02/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 total 2 culls, 12 over 16" up to 5.75 lbs
Lures Used : White Spinnerbait and Chatterbait

I fished Double AA Saturday March 2nd by myself. Fished from 9 AM to my battery gave out which was 4:45 PM with a 20 minute break around 12:45 pm. My first impression when I drove up was how free the banks were of weeds. Clarity was 24 to 36 inches on most of the lake, but the waves had the north end a light chocolate milk color. I threw a ½ oz White Spinner bait most of the time, producing good numbers of 4 to 4.5 lb fish. The Chatterbait also produced a good number of fish but later in the day it was getting a lot of follows but the fish would ver off once they saw the boat. I never really figured out what they were wanting in the afternoon. The wind had beaten me down pretty good by 3:00 pm and I was fighting the WIND for position more than I was really fishing. The 6” magdraft and the black and blue jig produced 1 fish each. The Magdraft produced the largest fish of the day at 5.75 lbs. Sorry I didn’t have electronics so I didn’t get a water temperature but my guess is 60 to 62 degrees. This property never lets me down and once again it did me right. I want to thank Joe for making this place available to me. 

I know the pictures all look the same but they are each of a different fish. all 4.75 to 5.75 lbs

Mar 04 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

The pics do look like similar fish…all nice and thick like we have come to expect out there!  Great job getting on them Chris, especially without electronics.