Struck Out, but Wife Didn't

Mar 04 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Really pretty lake. Had some branches growing out where you back in for the ramp, but nothing too bad. Launching the boat was easy, but my wife doesn't understand the trolling motor. I usually just let it slide off the trailer and pull it back with a rope. That was a little tough because how shallow the launch area was, but I got it and only got a little bit wet. Wind was pretty rough and barometric pressure was a steady 30. Not the best conditions. The lake was really pretty and I didn't hate trolling around looking at the squirrels while I practiced casting. My wife had some luck and caught a bass on a six foot diving square bill and then a bass and crappie on a spinner bait. I have high hopes for this spot when water temps are a little higher. I could see a lot of fish on drop offs with my fish finder so it's not like there's a shortage.

Mar 06 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report. Used to fish there a lot. Finally took pruning sheers and cut branches back. Caught lots of smaller fish and usually at least one of 5 or 6 lbs. Good luck on zoom black lizard or black/chartreuse lizard